Monday, February 16, 2015

Back into it?

The last two years have been a big shift in how I eat.  I moved from a community where eight of us gathered around a table for a "family" dinner four nights a week to essentially living alone and cooking for myself.  My interest in presentation and novelty went WAY WAY down.  My new job was also incredibly taxing for that first year and created a lack of time to make food that I wanted to share with all of you.

Then i realized. . . this is how most of us live.  Trying to get food in between work and sleep enjoying what we have while not having much time to get it.  Sometimes that means we eat out a lot (which includes "ordering in") but in my new town I have found a shocking lack of restaurants that excite me.  This means I have still been cooking at home a lot but I dont feel like I am making the grandiose meals that I would call "dinner" or lunch. . . I feel like I am snacking most the time.  

I've learned a lot about how to cook and eat with much less time for both and I am going to try to reinvigorate this blog as a place to share that information.  Ill need your encouragement (and pestering though) because it is easy to get caught up in daytime work and night time work and missing the stack of books I want to read.  So if you see me mention something and want the full run down tell me, If you run into a culinary problem in your life send it my way and lets make up solutions, or if you notice I have not posted in a bit remind me that sharing food is really what I love and this is a way to share!  

Ill be posting my rosemary red potatoes later today so keep an eye out for that.  

Until then,  Keep eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment